Monday, July 28, 2014

Can money stress affect our mental distress?


I hate money - and apparently it hates me too.
I repel it, like water repels oil.
My salary comes in, my debit orders go out, I make the required payments such as cellphone, car and house, and now there is R60 left.
I can not afford to live my life.
What life?
I can afford a roof over my head, and food for the month, some petrol and that is it.
I KNOW there are people less fortunate than this. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THEM NOW!
I worked so hard to get here, it feels like the world is stealing from me. This is while all the time I have not even spent a cent for 6 months on any hypomanic shopping spree damnit!
I have debt, I pay it off.
I have the bare minimum cellphone package, we have a maid, and we have the (small) DSTV package.
I need to make more money.
I can't handle this crap. Just want to quit this job, sell my house, leave my boyfriend and live on a shoestring. It would suit my stress levels better. But I can not do this, WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER. And things will get better. And bla bla bla.
I don't know what to do. I wish I had rich parents and that this was never an issue.
I wish I just got a proper education instead of dropping out of varsity, then I could get a better job.
I wish I could just pull together the strength for some mastermind plan for my own business that could be an overnight success.
I feel like I am going to throw up, and it's the financial distress talking, not the leftover pizza bread from the weekend that I had for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment